Archive for the ‘IE’ Category
The Internet Explorer 6 Countdown – Moving the world off Internet Explorer 6
Internet Explorer Application Compatibility VPC Image – Windows Virtual PC VHDs for testing websites with different Internet Explorer versions.
But on IE9, you can’t open any of the PDF link on the Internet webpages.
You may try, http://kb2.adobe.com/…../Acrobat_Reader_Updater.pdf
If you trust the source URL, you may add it into the IE9 Trusted Sites (Tools, Internet Options, Security, Trusted Sites, Sites, Add)
And, now you should be able to click on this link, http://kb2.adobe.com/…../attachments/Acrobat_Reader_Updater.pdf
Direct Download Links for Standalone IE9:
When you install 64-bit version, 32-bit version will also be installed in your Computer automatically. Running IE9 32bit on 64-bit Windows 7, just place a shortcut for Internet Explorer icon on start menu in Windows 7 (IE9 32-bit executable is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe)
32bit IE9 contains JIT (Just In Time) compiler which converts script into machine code before running it.
64-bit IE9 doesn’t contains JIT compiler that’s why 32bit version runs 4 times faster than 64-bit IE.
Facebook Search Provider
Do you need to search for someone on Facebook? You can start right away from the browser search box!
Facebook Web Slice
The Facebook Web Slice allows you to stay up to date with what’s happening in your Facebook network. Regardless what website you are on, you can click at any time on the web slice title and display the recent messages from your friends on your board.
Share with Facebook Accelerator
The Share with Facebook Accelerator allows you to share any text, link, or page with your Facebook friends with a single click. You can use this accelerator by selecting either some text or a link, or by right-clicking on any part of the page.
Interested in checking out the new Web platform capabilities of Internet Explorer 9 ?
Download the Internet Explorer Platform Preview (v220.127.116.11.45.6019) right now.
HP Smart Web Printing is an add-on for Internet Explorer that lets you select and print only the content that you want from Web sites.
Download an update for HP Smart Web Printing that will work with Internet Explorer 8.
Alternative steps for Windows XP or for Windows Server 2003
To uninstall Internet Explorer 8, follow these steps:
1. Carefully select and then copy the following command:
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type Cmd.exe, and then press ENTER.
4. Right-click inside the Cmd.exe window, and then click Paste to paste the command that you copied in step 1.
5. Press ENTER to uninstall Internet Explorer 8.
6. When the uninstall program is finished, restart your computer.
The Internet Explorer 8 Blocker Toolkit enables IT Administrators to disable automatic delivery of Internet Explorer 8 as a high-priority update via Automatic Updates and the Windows Update and Microsoft Update sites.
– The Blocker Toolkit will not prevent users from manually installing Internet Explorer 8 as a Recommended update from the Windows Update or Microsoft Update sites, from the Microsoft Download Center, or from external media.
– If you used the Blocker Toolkit to block Internet Explorer 7 from being installed as a high-priority update, you need to use the Internet Explorer 8 version of the Blocker Toolkit to block Internet Explorer 8 from being installed. There are different registry keys used to block or unblock automatic delivery of Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8.