- obtaining and giving information about any person;
- searching for missing persons;
- obtaining and giving information as to the cause and origin of or responsibility for any fire, libel, loss or accident or any damage to real or personal property;
- obtaining and giving information as to the location or recovery of lost or stolen property; or
- obtaining evidence to be used in any civil or criminal proceedings.”
Private investigators would be covered by the Act if they were tailing a person to perform any of the above functions listed in the Act. The Act also spells out other guidelines that PIs are subject to when doing their jobs. Do note that PIs would still need to follow the laws of the land when finding information and acquiring evidence.