10 warning signs of dementia:
– Memory loss;
– Problems with keeping track of things;
– Difficulty in performing
– familiar tasks;
– Misplacing things;
– Problems with language;
– Changes in mood and behaviour;
– Disorientation to time and place;
– Changes in personality;
– Poor or decreased judgment; and
– Loss of interest in hobbies and personal activities.
Knowing these signs well will help someone who is affected to seek medical advice and get a prompt diagnosis. Early intervention can be invaluable in the management of dementia.
Those who need support services, guidance on dementia care and counselling may contact Dementia Helpline on 6377-0700.
More information on training courses and support services can be found at www.alz.org.sg