Passengers on board trains can activate the button, located on the side of train doors, to report an emergency situation requiring immediate assistance. These situations include:
- Medical emergencies (for example, feeling faint or vomiting in the train);
- Spotting suspicious items or persons;
- Accidents (for example, a passenger trapped in the platform gap or train doors);
- Lack of announcement when the train has stalled for more than five minutes; and
- Train cabin faults (for example, cabin lights or ventilation fans).