First open Microsoft Clip Organizer:
1. From the Start menu, click All Programs.
2. Click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office 2010 Tools, and click Microsoft Clip Organizer
3. On the File menu, click Add Clips to Organizer, and then click From Scanner or Camera.
4. Ensure your scanner device is selected, click Insert
5. On the left pane, click My Collections, click your scanner
6. On the right pane, select the picture and right click, copy
7. Start Word 2010, ctrl+v to paste the picture
8. Select the picture and you may perform simple editing.
Alternatively, create a macro in Word 2010 to automate the scanning.
1. Click View > Macros > View Macros
2. Select Normal.dotm (global template) under “Macros in:”
3. Type ‘InsertFromScanner’ as the name > Create > Paste the following codes:
On Error Resume Next
You may “Customise the Quick Access Toolbar” > More Commands > choose commands from: “Macros” and ADD. Then click “Modify” to select a distinctive icon.
This will give you the “InsertFromScanner” icon with one click from the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).
If you have OneNote 2010, you also may click “Insert”, “Scanner Printout”.
Or, you may also launch “Windows Fax and Scan” by clicking Start, type wfs.exe